Lake Braddock Secondary School Athletic Hall of Fame
The Lake Braddock Secondary School Athletic Hall of Fame (AHOF) will recognize those individuals who through their accomplishments have brought distinction and pride to our school and community. It serves as a means of honoring and recognizing athletes, coaches, administrators, or contributors who made significant contributions to the Bruin tradition of excellence.
Athletic Hall of Fame Selection Committee
1. Each year (eligible nominations willing) the AHOF Selection Committee will honor excellence in athletic achievement and/or contributions to athletic success by former Lake Braddock individuals. This award is intended to memorialize their efforts and inspire current Bruin athletes to strive for greatness. The general function of the Selection Committee is to govern and administer the AHOF awards within the guidelines set forth in these by-laws.
2. Upon a motion by both the Director of Student Activities and a Selection Committee member, these by-laws may be amended based upon a simple majority vote by the Selection Committee. Amendments will be implemented the following year.
3. The Selection Committee shall establish policies and procedures to guide the operations of the AHOF program.
COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP (beginning with Class of 2024)
1. The Selection Committee will be composed of no more than nine voting members.
2. Members of the Selection Committee will serve without compensation.
3. The current Director of Student Activities, or a current member of the Student Activities Office, will serve as the Selection Committee Chair.
4. The Selection Committee is open to participation by the following individuals:
a. One High School Administrator
b. One current girls head coach
c. One current boys head coach
d. One retired coach or school employee
e. At least one Community Member-at-Large
f. At least one member of the Athletic Hall of Fame
g. At least one Alumni
4. Committee members are limited to three consecutive, two-year terms and may reapply for appointment to the selection committee after not having served on the committee for two years.
Athletic Hall of Fame Eligibility & Selection Criteria
CATEGORIES FOR ELIGIBILITY
Participated in a VHSL sponsored sport at Lake Braddock
Attained one or more of the following:
Record holder for school, district, region, or state
1st Team All Region, 1st Team All Met, 1st Team All State, All American, Scholarship Athletes, Olympian, World Record Holder
VHSL Hall of Fame member
Signed professional contract, drafted from high school, drafted from college, played professionally
Graduated from Lake Braddock in good standing OR spent at least two years at Lake Braddock
Eligible for nomination 5 years after graduation
The nominee must have served as a head coach and/or an assistant coach of a Lake Braddock high school sport for a minimum of four seasons
Coaching accomplishments that merited statewide recognition, i.e. Region Champion or State Champion
For individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to the Lake Braddock athletic program
Individuals may be current or past employees of Fairfax County Public Schools
Considerations for selection include:
Considerable length of time the nominee has contributed to Lake Braddock athletics
Involvement in projects that have made an impact on Lake Braddock athletics
Moral character, good citizenship, and career performance
Distinguished contributions to the community
Teams (beginning with Class of 2024)All teams who participated in a VHSL/FCPS sanctioned varsity sport while attending Lake Braddock Secondary School are eligible for nomination into the Hall of Fame.
Admission to the inaugural AHOF class will be limited to no more than 50 members. Each class, thereafter, will have a maximum of five members.
To be considered by the Selection Committee for admission into the AHOF, an individual must be nominated by a Lake Braddock alum, current or former coach, administrator, or community member. Candidates must be supported by two Committee members for the nomination to move forward. Nominations remain active for five years from the date of the initial nomination at which time they can be nominated again, or their names will be put back into the pool. All nominations are to remain confidential and to be shared among the selection committee only. Information relating to a nominee’s career statistics, records, achievements, etc., must be supported by accompanying documentation or sources cited so the information may be verified independently.
An online nomination form will be made available to the public on the Lake Braddock school and athletic websites after the initial class.
A simple majority of all serving members of the Selection Committee must be physically present to hold a valid vote (quorum) to adopt a motion. Any vacancies on the committee are not included in the calculation of a quorum.
Awards, Rights, & Privileges
1. Induction into the LBSS Athletic Hall of Fame is a lifetime award.
2. Hall of Fame members may be removed for character or citizenship incidents that are identified as unbecoming of a Hall of Fame member. Removal from the Hall of Fame will require a unanimous vote from the Athletic Hall of Fame Committee.
3. Recognition of new Hall of Fame inductees will include:
a. Introduction of the new inductees at an event during homecoming weekend.
b. An Induction Ceremony and social event at Lake Braddock Secondary School.
Athletic Hall of Fame Event Logistics & Planning
The Lake Braddock Secondary School Office of Student Activities and Lake Braddock Athletic Booster Club fundraising efforts will support the Hall of Fame budget.
Upon selection into the Lake Braddock Athletic Hall of Fame, each new member will have their selection displayed on the Hall of Fame video display; and will be given an award yet to be determined.
Induction dates will be decided by the Committee in conjunction with the school calendar. The honorees will be introduced during pre-game or half-time of an athletic event. The official induction ceremony will be at a reception or dinner at a site determined by the selection committee each year.
Coordination of the Induction will be the responsibility of the Lake Braddock Director of Student Activities working together with the Lake Braddock Athletic Booster Club and other organizations within the school.
The Committee will be responsible for planning and organizing the induction activities to include publicity, awards, notification, and any celebration such as a reception or dinner.
Dec 2022 Send out emails to current and former Bruins - staff and coaches to compile names of athletes.
Jan 2023 Form a committee of nine stakeholders to oversee the selection process and the structure.
March 2023 Identify the fifty greatest bruins
May 2023 Finalize the first class of the Bruin Hall of Fame.
June 2023 Notify the selected HOFers
Five home football games announce game profile ten.
June 2024 Hall of Fame celebration
TIMELINE 2024 & BEYOND
December- Review of most recent induction ceremony
January- Formal kick-off event to solicit new nominations
February- April– Nominations Submitted
April & May– Selection of Induction Class
October/November– Induction Ceremony on Homecoming weekend